Thank your for your interest in applying for the FRANKfurtstyleaward 2020. Deadline for all applications was March 13, 2020.
It is therefore not possible anymore to apply for the 2020 contest.
Cost of application
The fees for participation in the FRANKfurtstyleaward 2020 BENEFITS of CHANGE are as follows:
- STUDENTS: 149 EURO (incl. German VAT)
- MASTER CLASS: 149 Euro (incl. German VAT)
- NEWCOMER: 249 Euro (incl. German VAT)
- FRANKfurtstyleaward ALUMNI (applicants, finalists and winners from 2008 to 2019): 89 Euro (incl. German VAT)
- Special offer for SCHOOLS (per applicant): 89 Euro (incl. German VAT)
Participants bear the costs for making and shipping the finished designs.
The organizer covers accommodation on the night of the award ceremony as well as free tickets for the international consumer goods fair TENDENCE on June 27, 2020 in Frankfurt/Main.
Special offer for schools
For schools which want to apply with students, master class students and/or Alumni, we offer a special promotion rate. Regardless of the number of applicants, the registration costs
89 Euro (incl. German VAT) per applicant.
Please send your request for entry with the list of applicants to the following e-mail email@example.com. We will then contact you to inform you about the next steps.
The FRANKfurtstyleaward 2019 is open for three levels
The FRANKfurtstyleaward 2020 is open for three levels:
- STUDENTS: Students who are enrolled at international fashion & design schools
- MASTER CLASS: Master students
- NEWCOMER: Newcomer (no age limit)
- ALUMNI: Applicant, finalist, winner of the FRANKfurtstyleaward from 2008 to 2019
You can apply for the FRANKfurtstyleawad 2020 BENEFITS of CHANGE from December 1, 2019 until February 28, 2020.
The application itself must be written in English. You will be asked for certain information including:
- Cover letter: Brief text providing information about yourself, your passion for fashion and interest in the FRANKfurtstyleaward. Please make your choice for your favorite category (Create your Revolution, Explore Cradle to Cradle, Dream your Dreams) (max 1000 characters incl. blank spaces and a portrait photo).
- Concept: An interpretation of the guiding theme and presentation of your selection of cuts, fabrics and colors (max. 1500 characters incl. blank spaces).
- Design Sketch: The visual presentation of your concept. The sketch of your idea is decisive for your later garment (max. 1 DIN A4 page).
- Your Photo
- Enrollment Certificate (according to your category):
- STUDENTS: enrollment certificate of school / university / institute
- MASTER CLASS: Diploma, certificate, Bachelor
- NEWCOMER: fashion label and awards
- ALUMNI: Year of participation and result (applicant, finalist, winner)
- All uploaded files should be a JPG file (max. upload size per file: 1 MB) named in the following pattern: LEVEL_LAST NAME_FIRST NAME.
- Creations that have already been submitted for another non-school or college competition are not permitted.
Your Design should be fitting our annual motto “BENEFITS of CHANGE”. Furthermore you should choose between three inspirational categories:
- Create your Revolution
- Explore Cradle to Cradle
- Dream your Dreams
to underline your design.
BENEFITS of CHANGE
The world, nations and societies have always been in a process of change. Culture and conventions have changed, bans have been abolished and new paradigms have defined the rules of coexistence. Fashion is the medium that reflects these transformations. Today, change is more necessary than ever. And should it not develop faster than ever before, when the environment, values and new rules of coexistence are at stake?
How can fashion reconfigure the setting of your life?
It is time for BENEFITS of CHANGE!
Show us how fashion translates BENEFITS of CHANGE. How can fashion reconfigure the setting of your life?
Choose your favorite category:
- Category 1: Create your Revolution (If you want to change the world, start with yourself. With what you wear individually on the body, you set new priorities. Create your own fashion revolution, because every revolution has had humble beginnings.)
- Category 2: Explore Cradle to Cradle (Cradle to cradle – creating cycles – is the philosophy of our time. Create something new from something that exists already. Integrate the used material, object or fabric and let it tell its story.)
- Category 3: Dream your Dreams (Duality – who says that reality and fantasy are separate worlds? Accept parallel spaces and many realities that are still unconscious. Where do we feel more than we know? This is your playground for the unthought, the unseen and whatever exists “only” in your fantasy. Let enchantment become a mode in which the change and its benefits and our ideas of a better world are already visible.)
Find out more about the evaluation for the finale and the prizes in our APPLICATION GUIDELINES.