In the following, please find the application guidelines for the FRANKfurtstyleaward 2020.
The FRANKfurtstyleaward 2020 is open for four levels:
- STUDENTS: Students who are enrolled at international fashion & design schools
- MASTER CLASS: Master students
- NEWCOMER: Newcomer (no age limit)
- ALUMNI: Applicants, finalists and winners of the FRANKfurtstyleaward from 2008 to 2019
Please enclose the following documents with your application:
- STUDENTS: enrollment certificate of school / university / institute
- MASTER CLASS: Diploma, certificate, Bachelor
- NEWCOMER: fashion label and awards
- ALUMNI: Year of participation and result (applicant, finalist, winner)
Creations that have already been submitted for another non-school or college competition are not permitted.
Cost of application
The fees for participation in the FRANKfurtstyleaward 2020 BENEFITS of CHANGE are as follows:
- STUDENTS: 149 EURO (incl. German VAT)
- MASTER CLASS: 149 Euro (incl. German VAT)
- NEWCOMER: 249 Euro (incl. German VAT)
- ALUMNI (applicants, participants, finalists and winners from 2008 to 2019): 89 Euro (incl. German VAT)
- Special offer for SCHOOLS (per applicant): 89 Euro (incl. German VAT)
Participants bear the costs for making and shipping the finished designs. The organizers are not liable for any damaged or lost items.
You will be given detailed information about avoiding customs fees in due time. The organizers reserve the right to not accept shipping with custom fees and to exclude the participant from the contest.
The organizer covers accommodation on the night of the award ceremony as well as free tickets for the international consumer goods fair TENDENCE on June 27, 2020 in Frankfurt/Main.
Special Offer for fashion & design schools (upon request)
For schools which want to apply with students, master class students and/or Alumni, we offer a special promotion rate. Regardless of the number of applicants, the registration costs
89 Euro (incl. German VAT) per applicant.
Please send your request for entry with the list of applicants to the following e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then contact you to inform you about the next steps.
Cover letter: Brief text providing information about yourself, your passion for fashion and interest in the FRANKfurtstyleaward. Please make your choice for your favorite lifestyle (Create your Revolution, Explore Cradle to Cradle, Dream your Dreams) (max. 1000 characters incl. blank spaces and a portrait photo).
Concept: An interpretation of the guiding theme and presentation of your selection of cuts, fabrics and colors (max. 1500 characters incl. blank spaces).
Design Sketch: The visual presentation of your concept. The sketch of your idea is decisive for your later garment (max. 1 DIN A4 page).
Sizing: Finished garments should be in the following sizes:
- Women – GER 36/FR 38/IT 42/INT S
- Men – GER 50/FR 52/IT 56/INT M
All application materials must be submitted in English online by February 28, 2020.
The application form where you can submit your personal information, the cover letter and concept is available here.
Upload your sketch, your photo and enrollment certificate as a JPG file in the provided form on the page (max. upload size: 5 MB).
Please name all files after the following pattern: LEVEL_LAST NAME_FIRST NAME
Evaluation for the Final
A jury of experts will evaluate the submitted applications. In the first round of voting, the jurors will assess the concept and design sketch. Points will awarded for originality of ideas, the color concept, the selection of materials as well as the creative interpretation.
In the final round, the focus will primarily be on the manifestation of the concept. The most important factors are the technical ability, quality of the craftsmanship, wearability and the overall impression.
In 2020, special attention will be paid to innovative materials and technologies that consider the conservation of our environment as well as the values of transformation and digitalization.
The decision of the jury is final and may not be legally challenged.
The organizers of the contest reserve the right to exclude models from the evaluation that are not presentable.
A total of 60 finalists will be nominated (20 participants per LEVEL).
All nominees will receive an invitation to the FRANKfurtstyleaward award ceremony. Attendance is preferred.
There will be prizes awarded in a value of up to 100,000 Euro.
Among that, amui space – a digital fashion platform donates the main prizes “From Prototype to Production to Market:
- 3 winner per category: Create your Revolution, Explore Cradle to Cradle, Dream your Dreams (Mixture of Students, Master Class, Newcomer)
- 1st Price: 10,000 Euro (coaching, technical support, sample collection, production)
- 2nd Price: 7,500 Euro (coaching, technical support, sample collection)
- 3rd Price: 5,000 Euro (coaching, technical support)
Moreover, FRANK®-THE TROPHY, scholarships, attractive non-cash prizes and internships are waiting for the winners.
Download Call for Entry including application guidelines here.
Go directly to online application.